Tuesday, November 4, 2008

My Background


I am Sophea.I am 28 years old and I live in the remote area of Phnom Proek in Battambang province along the Cambodian-Thai border…very close to the border. And my house is only 200m from the stream which both sides consider as unspecific border.

I have worked as a secondary school teacher in Phnom Proek for six years.You know? The first time I arrived in the area of former Khmer Rouge region I had to stay in the pagoda with some very young monks! At that time I was afraid of mine and malaria yet that’s fine now as most of the landmines have been cleared by CMAC and Hallo Trust.

I have been working with VSO (Voluntary Service Overseas) since November last year. Sharing Skills, Changing Life is a common word used in our organization. Of course, we are working together as a team. We mutually exchange our experience and skills in our team. I have learnt a lot from Jon and Chris. They adapt themselves very easily into Khmer society. Our team in Phnom Proek worked very hard in the community….traveled through the corn field and across the mountain in some day to visit improper school on the farm in the forest.

No comments: